With the new IOS 15 update, shortcuts are making a comeback.
They’re just more efficient! Now, by clicking on your created shortcut, you get direct access to the app. (Gone are the times where you’d have to go through all the annoying hassle before accessing it)
Yes, your home screen can finally be both aesthetic and efficient!
Before getting all excited, there are a few requirements to fulfill:
- Shortcuts app (Free from the AppStore )
- iOS 15 or higher
- A custom icon pack or images to use as your custom icons (continue reading for a surprise)
- Some patience if using the Shortcuts app 🙂
After you have ensured that you meet all the requirements, you can use the guide below to change your app icons in iOS 15.
How to change app icons in iOS 15
You can change the app icon by using the Shortcuts app.
Shortcuts is an automation app that allows you to trigger actions and automation based on different changing variables of your device. We can use these automations and shortcuts to our advantage to create and launch apps through custom app icons.
Follow the guide below to get you started.
- Open the Shortcuts app and tap on ‘+’ in the top right corner of your screen.
- Tap on ‘+ Add Action’.
- Then search for ‘Open App’ using the search bar at the top.
- Select the same once it shows up on your screen.
- Tap on ‘App’.
- Select the app that you wish to create a new app icon for, and it should be automatically added to the shortcut.
- Now tap on ‘Open App’ at the top and enter the name of the app you just selected.
- Tap on the menu icon in the top right corner of your screen.
- Click on ‘Add to Home Screen’ now.
- Tap on the default app icon and select ‘Choose Photo’. You can also tap on ‘Choose File’ if the icon file exists on your local storage.
- Your Photos app will now open. Tap and select the photo you wish to use as your App icon.
- Zoom and move around the photo until you are happy with the preview. Once done, tap on ‘Choose‘ in the bottom right corner of your screen.
- The chosen photo will now be set as your app icon. You can now tap on ‘Add’ in the top right corner.
- The app icon will now be added to your home screen and you can launch the app from your home screen using the same.
I know it seems tedious and complicated, but once you set up your first app you quickly realize how easy the process is.
Where can you find the images to use as icons?
Of course you can use any image you want as an icon, but we are offering you our own icons that you can get for FREE in our shop section
(I made these myself and as a show of gratitude i’m offering them as freebies <3 )
There is also a selection of backgrounds and quotes to use (all simple, aesthetic and made so as to not crowd your home screen)